Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working outdoors, collecting information and learning about the telecommunications industry. You are seeking an opportunity in an exciting industry, with a reputable company known for its' ability to provide professional growth opportunities and an award-winning corporate culture. As a Field Survey Technician, you will be responsible for collecting a variety of field data to support all types of OSP aerial and subsurface telecommunications projects. This is a contract position of approximately 3 months with the possibility for extension on the contract.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Chicagoland today!Responsibilities
• Conduct field surveys and collect surface and subsurface data including aerial & underground infrastructure features, telecommunications
network facilities, and other geographic information
• Conduct field visits to collect project information including dimensions & distances, exact measurements of existing equipment, site details,
digital images, staking, etc. required to complete a design
• Submit an organized job package for each project that may include maps, field notes, drawings, images, photographs and GPS location of
• Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• no experience required
• Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Excellent customer service focus and strong attention to detail
• Ability to professionally communicate with others both verbally and in written form
• Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public
• Strong knowledge and use of Technology i.e. iPad, Laptops, MS Office
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Ability to travel up to 100% within the Chicagoland and surrounding area
• Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements Work Conditions
• Must have reliable transportation (own vehicle) and ability to travel 100% of the time within the Chicago metropolitan area
• Flexible schedule with working days being Monday through Saturdays approximately 8+ hour days
• Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 60 pounds)
and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTS Technicians*Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security