Full Time Regular Job Summary
As a Field Technician Level IV Tester within our EF&I team, you will be responsible for providing install, test and turn up expertise on the Ciena 6500 platform. You will test platforms located across the United States within various locations. This is a good fit for you if you enjoy traveling while also providing a best-in-class approach to customer service. As extensive travel is required, this position can be based anywhere within the United States.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services EF&I team today! Responsibilities
- Install, test and turn up Ciena 6500 platform
- Perform appropriate tests in most signaling platforms including small to medium sized private branch exchanges to dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)
- Provide a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are completed as requested and addressed in a professional and courteous manner
- Inventory all job related materials and assist with inventory control as required
- Perform power verification, power up of equipment and acceptance checks on equipment to ensure it meets customer specifications
- Locate and troubleshoot faults to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure project deadlines, timely service and quality standards are met
- Produce test reports and analysis documents; Redline the documents as required
- Work with detailed engineering drawings and rack layout diagram
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years previous field testing experience
- Ciena 6500 certification for testing and commissioning is preferred
- Experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- As extensive travel is required, this position can be based anywhere within the United States
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTS Technicians*Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security