Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Project Engineer with 2 - 5 years of experience, working within Telecommunications or Outside Plant construction. You're an integral part of the project team and will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing project plans under the supervision of the design manager. In addition to ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, you will assist operations staff with safety and quality control. You possess well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership abilities and client management skills.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Calgary, AB today! Responsibilities
- Review design drawings prepared by others for design compliance and constructability.
- Perform general administrative duties including the review and distribution of documentation through document control; maintenance of logs, drawings, and submittals.
- Perform bill-of-material take-offs and support materials management team.
- Interface with construction on behalf of designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered and field changes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform field verification of construction work, interface with build teams, municipal authorities for issue resolution.
- Perform verification of construction as-built, manage extra work deliverables and resolve design versus as-built quantities.
- Manage requests for information (RFIs) between design, construction and clients.
- Hold a strong understanding of contracting practices including management of rate cards, tracking and reporting of work performing, extra work and change requests.
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Other duties as required
- 2 to 5 years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience. Experience with Outside Plant construction projects is an asset.
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure is an asset.
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial).
- Though this role is primarily office based, there will be local field visits and some expected overnight travel.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted