Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Field Survey Technician is responsible for verifying the feasibility of a design and collecting detailed technical information about existing telecommunications network facilities, surface & subsurface utilities, and other geographic information to be incorporated into final Outside Plant designs.
The Field Survey Technician collects a variety of field data to support all types of OSP aerial and buried fiber optic and copper projects to be included in the design of conduit infrastructure and conducts appropriate research for permitting and right-of-way requirements.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Calgary, AB today! Responsibilities
- Conducts field surveys and collects pertinent surface and subsurface features including: aerial & underground infrastructure features, telecommunications network facilities, and other geographic information required to complete desktop design. Fielding information will be added digitally to handheld devices and loaded to GIS/CAD systems.
- Conducts field and site visits to collect relevant project information including: dimensions & distances, exact measurements of existing equipment, site details, digital images, staking, etc. required to complete a design.
- Reads & interprets client cable records and facility drawings. Collects pertinent information for permit, easement, and encroachment applications.
- Submits an organized job package for each project that may include: maps, field notes, drawings, images, and GPS location of features.
- Performs inspections during and after construction to ensure compliance with original designs and customer specifications.
- Maintains compliance with the latest revisions of relevant Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures, local and governmental jurisdiction and be in accordance with instructions supplied by customer.
- 2-4 years of experience in Telecommunications, Outside Plant or Fielding Operations of a Fiber Optic Network, or similar experience where the identification collection and depiction of utility features is required
- Experience in assorted OSP databases in not required but is preferred
- Understanding of current OSP design principles, work order procedures, and telecommunication industry standards
- General knowledge of technical equipment used for survey, utility locating, GPS data collection; general knowledge of CSA not required but preferred
- Well-developed organizational, planning skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Excellent customer service focus and a team player
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred
- Outdoors, variable weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted