Full Time Regular Job Summary
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks across North America. It takes hard work and innovation - and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
The LTS Group is currently seeking a Team Lead, Cable Installation for a project with a large Ontario-based Telecom service provider.
Explore the wonderful career opportunities at Ledcor - LTS Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of 5 to 6 10 installers under the leadership of a Field Manager
- Working lead hand available to assist and train new technicians working with Coax and Fiber wiring Install terminate and test DC power from BDFB to equipment, including proper grounding Install terminate and test Cat 4,5,6 / Copper / Coax and Optical cabling Install Fiber trough systems, ladder rack and associate iron work in various deployments (raised floor, cement floor etc.
- Install different types of equipment in various racks and cabinets and power up for testing
- Lace and label all cabling to industry standards Work with detailed drawing a rack layout diagrams, redline to update if needed. Resolve minor project/personnel issues
- Manage project to budget Communicate and escalate project issues, ability to work with end customer
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience with telecom / Cable installation and deployment job responsibilities
- Must have the abilities of a lead installer Ability to train and coach technicians to improve performance
- Be able to perform Moves adds and changes along with new deployments of optical and central office equipment
- Experience as a lead and OR supervisory experience is an asset
- Must have a proven track record of proficient work in Power transition, addition or removal of circuits on working power systems
- Must be computer literate and familiar with basic PC systems
- Must be able to supervise all aspect of a project and turn in associated paperwork Must be able to identify out of scope work and change orders BSEE preferred
•May have to travel to various work sites
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted