Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Line Technician responsible for the installation of aerial and underground cabling. You are a part of a team who enjoys working outside building the backbone for telecommunication services. As a Lineperson you are in your element working with tools and compressors whether you are in bucket truck, on the ground, or working in a confined space.
Join Ledcor Technical Services inOttawa today!Responsibilities
- Build out customer network with fiber optic cabling in both underground and aerial applications.
- Preparation of existing underground conduit systems by use of compressors and rodding to ensure that placing crews have continuity to place cables.
- Excavating pits and pulling of underground cables in subdivisions or main way conduit systems.
- Pulling of underground copper and fiber residential cables from existing conduit systems to residential homes.
- Placement of aerial support structure (poles and steel strand) to accommodate placement of new fiber optic cables.
- Installing service wires and replacing damaged pedestals
- Assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt
- 3+ years of experience as a Lineperson.
- Familiarity with safety procedures when working aloft and in confined spaces.
- Ability to climb poles with hooks and belt is required.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to read and understand customer provided drawings along with daily completion of time and production logs.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
*LTS Technicians*Date Posted