Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a subject matter expert with a wide variety of experience in electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment. You have experience working on large projects with an Industrial background. You provide training and instruction to other Electrical & Instrumentation trades, as well as providing support to operations.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurry today!Responsibilities
- Provide expert knowledge and serve as a technical / consultative resource of electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment
- Report directly to the General Superintendent & Project Manager
- Work closely with the Ledcor operations, QA & Maintenance Team Leaders to ensure the safety programs, troubleshooting procedures, JHA's, SWP's, SOW's & maintenance strategies are aligned.
- Help manage the development of equipment life cycles, maintenance, short & long-range equipment repair/replacement/overhaul schedule
- Analyze data and to assist in the development of commissioning and maintenance planning & preparation.
- Involved in hands on troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment.
- Develop and provide training and instruction to other Electrical & Instrumentation trades as needed
- 7 years' experience as a certified journey person
- Demonstrated ability to achieve operational excellence through continuous improvement initiatives and process optimization
- Ability to help lead teams with diverse skill sets during period of seasonal change and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Electrical Trade Certification is required.
- Instrumentation Trade Certification will be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, experience using SAP, Maximo or JDE would be considered an asset
- Technologist certification with ability to register with ASET will be considered an asset
- Alberta Master Electrician or a BC FSR will be considered as asset.
- Energetic, well-organized, self-motivated with effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Formal leadership experience considered an asset preferably in an industrial setting
- Working Knowledge of CSA code.
- Must be able to speak, read & write the English language fluently
- Valid driver's license
- Must be local (Fort McMurray)
- Monday - Friday
- No camp provided
- Long term position
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!