Full Time Regular Job Summary
Reporting to the Manager of Community and Stakeholder Relations, the Employment Training Manager is responsible for day-to-day coordination and facilitation regarding recruitment, onboarding and training requirements for field-based hourly and salaried workers. This includes new and existing hires from Indigenous, local and regional communities.
The ability to successfully engage local and Indigenous workers in the area in and around the Project is central to the position. To perform this role, travel will be required in the local and regional area of the pipeline route.
This position operates on a 6/1 shift rotation for the project construction. Join Ledcor's Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Identify committed individuals for training, monitor participants progress, and make referrals for Project employment. The Employment
- Take a proactive approach to engage with the local communities, ACRs and local community reps to identify potential candidates and analyze training requirements;
- Serve as an information hub for requests and updates on work and training opportunities, and worker status as well as coordinate and collect monthly data, as an NEB requirement
- Engage with onsite management and subcontractors to continually update training providers list, gain feedback on new worker performance, and record new, upcoming job openings;
- Source funding institutions and prepare or assist the Project and applicants with proposals.
- Connect with Indigenous organizations, industry partners, the Christian Labor Association of Canada (CLAC), and educational institutions to leverage existing training programs;
- Coordinate and maintain the delivery of the online TMEP Cultural Awareness Training module;
- Coordinate and continually update worker training schedules, in partnership with the HR Field Representative and the Indigenous Liaison;
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary Education or relevant Diploma
- Experience in the construction industry will be an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Site based position
- 6 days on/1 day off shift rotation working 12 hours per day in remote locations during project construction
- Some travel will be required to office locations within Canada
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!