Full Time Regular Job Summary
This position will see you play a key role in the delivery of civil infrastructure projects across British Columbia and Alberta. You will be a Project Engineer with at least 6 years of experience working for a general contractor on bridge and highway interchange projects. Ideally you will be base out of Vancouver and be able to work on rotational rosters on an as required basis.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat! Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: project controls, project billing and the cost accounting system, creates and maintains the project directory, job site trailer/office set up and master filing system.
- Leads the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval.
- Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals.
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation.
- Completion of post secondary education in civil engineering or a related field is required
- Project Experience working on bridge and highway interchange projects will be highly regarded.
- 6 years+ related work experience is required
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA is an asset.
- Experience working for a self performing general contractor in Canada is required
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to work site based androtational roles
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!