Full Time Regular Job Summary
This position will see you play a key role in the delivery of civil infrastructure projects across British Columbia and Alberta. You will be a Project Manager with at least 10 years of experience working for a general contractor on bridge and highway interchange projects in North America. Ideally you will be base out of Vancouver and be able to work on rotational rosters on an as required basis.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat!Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project
- Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post secondary education in civil engineering or a related field is required
- Project Experience working on bridge and highway interchange projects will be highly regarded.
- 10 years+ related work experience is required
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA is an asset.
- Experience working for a self performing general contractor in Canada is required
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to work site based and rotational roles
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!