Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Senior Environmental Coordinator will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Program for the assigned project. The work will include the supervision of a team of environmental monitors to ensure management of water, air, or soil quality and protection of wildlife and habitat potentially affected by construction activities.
This position operates on a 6/1 shift rotation for the project construction. Join Ledcor's Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Establish control measures for impact of air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues from construction activities in support of the project
- Supervise field Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed
- Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, Best Management Practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place. Work with operations management and staff to ensure compliance with these plans
- Work with clients, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, First Nations and special interest groups
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from any pertinent environmental documentation applicable to the project, recommendations for corrective actions / resolutions on daily issues or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily and weekly monitoring reports are completed adequately and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representatives as well as manage site inspection records, including written reports, monitoring information and photographs
- Develop the project environmental response team and ensure implementation of measures to protect the environment as indicated in the project specifications
- Involved in community relations and public information programs
- 5+ years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Post-Secondary Education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Site based position
- 6 days on/1 day off shift rotation working 12 hours per day in remote locations during project construction
- Some travel will be required to office locations within Canada
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!