Full Time Regular Job Summary
The HSE Coordinator is responsible for applying the professional practices required of Health, Safety and Environment professionals at a Ledcor work/project site. This person is a fully qualified HS&E professional and possesses the ability and confidence to apply practices in a work setting with little or no supervision
Come join our Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and process advice to operations management on site level for HS&E program implementation and able to translate a long term view of issues and implication
- Leads site implementation of HS&E processes and practices, per Ledcor HS&E program
- Responds to issues relating to health, safety, environment and emergency response, performance metrics and safety management systems for a site
- Possesses strong HS&E management system technical knowledge in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out)
- Provides HS&E functional leadership, mentorship and guidance to HS&E and Operations personnel
- Acquires a detailed knowledge of all company HS&E standards, HS&E processes and procedures for their site.
- Obtains strong understanding of applicable client and regulatory requirements within their site and regulatory jurisdiction.
- Trains organization in task/trade specific work practices and procedures (Confined Space, Working at Height, Respiratory protection, Lock Out/Tag Out, etc.)
- Trains Operations people in HS&E programs
- Proven ability to influence the thinking and actions of others without exercising direct authority at all levels of project hierarchy
- Independently leads TBT and Safety meetings
- Clearly understands and is able to meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Leading Indicator requirements
- Detailed level understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices
- Creates clear and timely "Flash Reports" and conducts detailed, fact based incident investigations
- 5+ year's relevant industry Health and Safety experience with a focus on Pipeline
- Technical diploma in OH&S preferred
- Pursuit of CRSP, CSP or other HS&E designation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Takes initiative, within a defined process; willing to act, not fearful of acting with minimum of planning (when warranted)
- Able to gain client's respect and trust and able to be the lead HS&E rep at client or trade (sub) contractor meetings
- Has knowledge of and able to provide advice to operations on Ledcor's HS&E Program
- Possesses continuous improvement approach.
- Ability to develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- Understands and competently applies site systems/processes and is able to identify steps to improve
- Able to be a Safety "Coach" to improve work practices, NOT a Safety "Cop or Police" (e.g. Looked to for site HS&E support, advice,
- guidance, interpretation and application of Ledcor HS&E program & regulatory requirements
- Able to build strong relationships within HS&E and operations teams and use reasonable judgment in seeing both sides (e.g. Admit mistakes)
- Can comfortably handle risk/uncertainty and able to make timely self-directed decisions under tight timelines and pressure
- Always searches for understanding and tries to find new solutions; learns from both successes and failures
- Demonstrates clear understanding of various levels of communication
- Able to listen on multiple levels (What is the issue? What is the issue behind the issue?)
- Knows when and how to compromise, finds solutions to resistance/setbacks and possesses drive to finish
- Able to be cross shift lead (site with 3 + coordinators) or operate independently on a 1 HSE person site
- Site based position working on multiple sites in AB & BC.
- 15 days on / 6 days off shift rotation working 12 hours per day.
- Living allowance and/ or accommodations and per diem.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!