Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Piping / Welding Quality Inspector, who will use their professional expertise to inspect piping, welds and witness pressure tests. You will play a key role in the successful delivery of the project; this position will offer you the opportunity to develop your quality career.
Join the Ledcor team in Burnaby today!Responsibilities
- Perform field inspections of piping works and welding activities.
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Collaborate with Operations and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests and required documentation.
- Understand and interpret applicable contract documents, codes of construction and regulatory standards.
- Presents information clearly and in appropriate style and makes technical information clear.
- Schedules inspection and testing resources to support the requirements of operations.
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements.
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedure.
- Monitors the project schedule to ensure inspection and testing activities are completed to support operations requirements.
- Review inspection and testing results for completeness and compliance with project requirements
- Monitors the execution of the Inspection and Test Plans
- Manage and maintain Quality Document Logs (Weld logs, Material Logs, etc.)
- Understands the tools and techniques used in basic cause analysis and supports operations on working through root cause analysis and corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Provides training informal/formal on Project requirements as they relate to background of expertise
- Effectively communicates revisions to drawings, codes, and/or specifications
- Reviews, reports and acts on performance metrics.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CSA Z662, ASME B31.3 and industry best practices.
- 4+ years' experience in a piping quality inspector position is required.
- CSA 178.2 CWB Level 2 Welding Inspector certification with CSA Z662 and B31.3 endorsements.
- NACE CIP Certification would be an asset.
- API 570 Certification would be an asset.
- Strong computer background, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Strong interpersonal skills. A positive and team-oriented approach to work. Dependable and trustworthy.
- Site based 10 hours per day.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!