Full Time Regular Job Summary
Ledcor's Pipeline group is currently seeking a Traffic Control Supervisor for projects in Alberta and BC. The Traffic Control Supervisor is responsible for supporting and managing project Traffic Management Plan and supporting Ledcor's Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Program at the worksite level.
Come join our Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Implement the Ledcor Corporate HSE Program Manual and Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP), Project Traffic Management Plan (TMP) and Ministry of Transport construction requirements
- Schedule traffic control set ups and crews according to project schedule
- Interacts with owners and owner representatives as required on all safety issues
- Supervises all activity, exercises the authority to stop and correct any work should any conditions expose persons, property or the environment to imminent danger or noncompliance of the policies, programs or regulations
- Participates in all project planning meetings related to project work planning and scheduling to ensure planning processes include TMP requirements
- Communicates regularly with Project Manager and Supervision in determining daily site traffic movement needs and ensure traffic control is implemented to meet or exceed the TMP and regulatory requirements
- Performs work place hazard assessments to identify traffic movement risks
- Immediately report any conditions that do not meet regulatory requirements to the Project Manager
- Provides assistance with the preparation of traffic management information, advice on interpretation of local government OH&S regulations
- Delivers traffic control/management education, training for information at the weekly safety meetings
- Liaises with regulatory authorities at the site level to promote safety and assist to resolve any issues of non-compliance
- Monitors subcontractors to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements at a company, site and provincial level
- Ensures appropriate quantities of supplies of appropriate traffic control devices
- Remains current with Ledcor Corporate HS&E program, safety equipment and regulations
- Completes all required monthly, weekly and daily reports
- On-call during non working hours for notification regarding a site deficiency or incident
- Manages all traffic control staff on site
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Alberta and BC Traffic regulations
- Traffic Control design experience an asset but not required
- Possess a valid Drivers License with a good driving record
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a passion for safety
- Site based position working on multiple sites in AB & BC.
- 15 days on / 6 days off shift rotation working 12 hours per day.
- Living allowance and/ or accommodations and per diem.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!