Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a highly experience Outside Plant (OSP) specialist with 10+ years of experience, working within Telecommunications or OSP Operations of a Fibre Optic Network with a good understanding of civil utility infrastructure, universal line assignments and municipal restoration requirements. You're an integral part of the operations team, building, leading and overseeing crews in the Alberta South Market. You are committed to safety, quality and financial success all while delighting the Customers you support. You understand the region and leverage your networks to attract and retain talent and subcontractors while supporting the GM/VP.Responsibilities
- Instill a safety and quality mindset in everything that you and the teams you manage do on a day to day basis
- Direct day to day OSP construction operations and manage multiple teams and projects
- Overall responsibility of Profit and Loss for OSP construction
- Project lead in developing and advancing existing long term relationships with client
- Build and Manage an Outside Plant team with a focus on safety, quality and development
- Meets with client as required to review any problem areas with outside plant and work to facilitate solutions
- 10+ years of experience in leading OSP construction delivery in a customer facing role
- Proven experience and accountability in managing a P&L
- 5+ years of experience preferably in FTTX construction and installation related projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a demonstrated ability to build a team from the ground up
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business, Construction Sciences, Engineering or another related field
- Extensive experience managing employees and sub-contractors
- Previous experience delivering complex multi-year programs
- A self-starter with excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated sense of urgency with the ability to deal with constant change
- Basic knowledge of telecom infrastructure design (GPON topology, materials and equipment), civil and engineering principles
- Advanced knowledge of civil construction, specifically pertaining to Horizontal Directional Drilling ("HDD"), vibratory plowing and open trenching applications and methodologies.
- Complete understanding of fiber optic networks including aerial and underground construction, splicing, permitting
- Superior interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Excellent customer service focus and team player
- Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public
- Ability to appreciate the big picture, but also be highly detailed when required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Excellent internal and external communicator - verbal, written and presentations
- Demonstrable understanding of Risk Management programs
- Position based in Calgary, AB
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted