Full Time Regular Job Summary
The HS&E Coordinator is responsible for applying the professional practices required of Health, Safety and Environment professionals in Ledcor's Marine division. This person must consistently convey mature professional judgment, and be competent in the safety management, system, technical and managerial knowledge required of a HS&E professional. Responsibilities
- Works within HS&E team to provide advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program
- Understands and applies HS&E tools, requirements and processes to project site work processes
- Demonstrates Ledcor core values by creating clear and timely "Flash Reports" and participating in detailed, fact-based incident investigations
- Develops skills and techniques in the implementation of Ledcor's HS&E Program, under the tutelage of senior HS&E staff
- Actively learns about client and Ledcor's HS&E program - expectations and processes
- Participates in project site Operations staff safety meetings
- Participates in the development of Safe Work Practices and Job Hazard Assessments
- Works HS&E issues to completion with accuracy
- Acquires basic knowledge of Ledcor HS&E Standards, business unit safety program, emergency response, fire control systems, personal protective equipment
- Capable of leading delivery of Ledcor site Safety orientation
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor Leading Indicator requirements.
- Acquires certified auditor status
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or Diploma
- Pursuit of CRSP preferred
- Industry experience an asset.
- Seizes opportunities to act vs. waiting to be directed
- Intermediate skills in MS Office applications
- Understands his/her role in achieving HS&E results (Planning and Execution abilities)
- Demonstrates a competent level of communication skills and behaviors with site employees, site management and corporate representatives/management
- Able to ensure HS&E requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of HS&E processes
- Able to recognize and is comfortable in dealing with uncertainty
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HSE program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others
- Learns quickly and enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks or information
- Gains trust and support of peers with HS&E and Operations
- Pursues matters with drive and urgency to finish (e.g. Doesn't shirk personal responsibility - able to lead operations group in HS&E decision - willing to stand up and be counted)
- Can present truth in appropriate and helpful manner (e.g. Findings/Corrective actions from incident investigations and audits)
We offer an outstanding work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded, and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, work-life balance is encouraged and renumeration is competitive.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!