The HS&E Director enables and facilitates the HS&E leadership for the Ledcor Technical Solutions division. The Director is an integral part of leading a team of HS&E professionals and managing Ledcor’s Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Program within the Division.
This role can be based out of Vancouver, BC, Mississauga, ON or Austin, TX.
- Supports HS&E Managers and HS&E Leads in mentoring, training, and coaching professionals within the Division
- Plans, organizes and implements the Divisions programs and procedures designed to promote compliance with local government regulation, Industry Standards, and Division and Corporate policies and procedures
- Oversees programs to ensure employee health and safety and the protection of the environment and reports performance and corrective action to the leadership team
- Provides leadership to develop and implement short and long term strategies for achieving Divisional goals
- Measures overall HS&E performance within the Division against stated Divisional strategic objectives and goals
- Represents the Division on HS&E issues to external clients, governmental entities, and community organizations
- Provides advice to Senior leaders relating to industry trends
- Accountable for accurate & timely reporting; analyze trends in loss experience and loss causation and initiate processes to address performance issues related to maintaining safe and healthy worksites.
- Proactively supports project teams to achieve safety goals
- Works cooperatively with Vice President, Risk Management on issues relating to internal and third party loss claims
- Recommends to Senior Business Unit management on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs for their region or site(s)
- Coaches, assists and supports Senior HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs - develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client requirements
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings as required
- Participates (with Operations) in the evaluation and selection - staffing; and ongoing performance management processes for HS&E Senior level positions within the Division
- ~ 10+ year's experience in a Managerial or Director level role in HS&E
- Degree in OH&S or related discipline preferred
- Pursuit of CRSP, CSP or other HS&E designation
- Technical / functional expertise is HS&E related within their Business Unit
- Able to influence operations as it relates to HS&E performance
- Results oriented leader capable of working productively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Have thorough knowledge of common industrial construction practices, techniques and equipment, including experience at the project level
- Have broad knowledge of local government Health & Safety Acts, Policies, Regulations, and Industry Standards as they apply to the construction industry
- Have above-average interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
- Be skilled in managing internal auditing programs
- Possess good problem solving skills through the exercise of good judgement
- Have superior organizational skills
- Be skilled in conducting formal presentations to audiences at the executive level
- Possess the demonstrated ability to motivate self and others
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Possess working proficiency with select Microsoft Office productivity computer programs, including Windows XP, Word, Explorer, and Outlook, and have basic keyboarding skills
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Ability to travel for business related matters as they arise throughout Canada and the USA
- Possess a valid Drivers License with a good driving record
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Aug 6, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada