You are a motivated and energetic Pole Line Design Engineer with experience in performing assessments on telecommunications and local distribution company overhead systems. You are familiar with performing structural analysis using tools such as SpidaCalc, QuickPole and PLS-CADD to assess structural integrity and address non-conformances with standards. You have the ability to lead and mentor teams of junior designers, surveyors and technicians.
Join the True Blue team in Vancouver, BC today!
- Perform structural assessments of pole line infrastructure according to CSA 22.3-015 Overhead Systems, utility standards and industry best practices
- Perform structure loading calculations and structure strength analysis
- Create and review structural assessment drawings and make-ready analysis for submission to authorities
- Perform quality assurance reviews of structural assessments, make-ready analysis, solutions and recommendations for over-utilized utility pole assets
- Prepare safety repair work orders for submission to the local distribution company
- Liaise with internal stakeholders & construction crew to ensure scope of work is adhered to & life safety is accommodated within the design
- Mentor and oversee work of junior designers / technicians and review their work
- Ensure the engineering practice is in accordance with Professional Engineers of B.C (EGBC). guidelines
- Ensure scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Coordinate with field supervisor to ensure quality of field data is maintained for structural analysis
- Perform, review and quality control field surveys
- University degree in engineering (civil, structural or electrical is preferred) or equivalent experience
- Professional engineer status (P. Eng) registered in the province of British Columbia or Alberta is preferred
- 4 - 7 years of Engineering experience in civil and/or structural discipline
- Prior experience working with utility companies is considered an asset (BC Hydro, Fortis, ATCO, EPCOR, Enmax)
- Experience with structural analysis tools and software (SpidaCalc, OCalc, Quick Pole, PLS-CADD)
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure
- Fiber optic network design and construction experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience mentoring other technical staff an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Aug 21, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada