As Senior Accountant you are responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties such as generating monthly operations reporting and journal entries, annual audit support, account reconciliations and analysis, and overseeing payroll time entry.
- Supports the preparation of monthly financial reports for all Summit entities and business units
- Posting of journal entries
- Preparation of monthly inventory reconciliations, and review of inventory issues to ensure parts are expensed in the appropriate period and classified appropriately
- Reviewing and analyzing passthrough charges, and recording accruals as appropriate
- Reviewing GL reconciliations, including AR, AP/accruals, and prepaid accounts
- Performing month-end analysis to identify variances vs. budget; investigating errors and anomalies, and works to obtain explanations and resolutions
- Conducts ad-hoc financial analysis and participates in projects as required
- Reviews bi-weekly time entry for payroll processing, as well as the averaging agreement schedule tracking
- Reviews FTE reports prepared by Operations Accountant
- Provides leadership and guidance to junior team members to ensure operational requirements are met
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and develops process improvements
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role performing full-cycle accounting
- Experience in a multi-entity environment is preferred
- High level of proficiency in all MS Office programs; ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel, including the use of pivot tables, v-lookups, index match, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and competing priorities with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to take initiative and work in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Ability to supervise junior team members, delegating / reviewing tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to build and maintain solid relationships with co-workers at all levels of the Company
- Quick learner with flexibility to learn new tasks and systems, and deal with non-routine matters
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Aug 6, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada