You’re a seasoned Superintendent with over 10 years of field operations experience in a leadership capacity, working in multi-disciplinary construction projects. You are recognized as an expert in the residential construction industry and have a proven track record of project successes. You will be responsible for executing construction projects according to Ledcor’s high safety and quality standards. You’re a natural leader with the ability to delegate work to field staff, contractors, and tradespeople.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities; ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 10+ years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; strong working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Facilitation and mentoring skills—ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 6, 2019
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada