You are a motivated, energetic pipeline professional with 10+ years of experience on mainline construction pipeline projects. You are proud of your exceptional work ethic and knowledge of large diameter pipe.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team!
- Measure and allocate each joint of pipe based on wall thickness, construction grade, section length, and crossings
- Design pipe sections to allow for practical construction and tie in points
- Mark pipe with all requirements for construction crews (pipe numbers, bends, transitions, section numbers, pipe length, tie in points, and other applicable details)
- Mark and off-set all section start and stop locations, as well as, tie in points
- Create custom ditch line design, if required, to ensure all client specs are met (bending radius requirements, extra cover requirements, etc.)
- Survey the pipeline right-of-way and ditch line to determine the precise field bends for pipe greater than 36 inches in diameters
- Determining the type of bend (overbend, sag, side bend or a combination) by converting field measurement and information into angle (degree) information for use during the pipe bending activity
- Measure all mainline bends to ensure pipe accurately reflects the construction grade
- Design crossings for all bores, roads, creeks, and foreign line crossings
- Ensure all bending, depth of cover, separation distance, and other requirements are met
- Ensure practical constructability for each crossing
- Layout stakes with information (Cut stakes, limit information, etc) that allows efficient construction at crossing locations
- Work with engineering team on Request for Information (RFI) submitals
- Identify any technical constructability issues and support the development of solutions with the on site Construction Team
- Support all Foreman with any technical requests, as required
- Create sketches for critical areas, as required, for example, complicated or deep crossings
- Support the fabrication of facility and valve sites
- Must have greater than 10 years of experience in a lead field engineering role on mainline construction pipeline projects
- Must have significant previous experience working with pipe greater than 36 inches in diameter
- Must have experience and knowledge using engineering drawings, surveying equipment, and using other measurement tools.
- Must be able to read, understand, and interpret applicable documents, including; the scope of work, drawings, project plans, and all other project documents.
- Must be familiar with office functions, for example, project estimating, drawing takeoffs, change management, subcontractor management, and, in particular, the Request for Information (RFI) process.
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge, including, drafting software, MS Office programs (Excel & Word), and scheduling software.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including, verbal, written, and electronic forms
- Willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching, and guiding others
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Training, and Ground Disturbance Level 2 Training. Training would be provided, as required
- Full time permanent position that will be based in various project location in BC and Alberta.
- Accommodations will be either a Company provided camp or compensated via a per diem allowance, depending on project location
- This role would provide a salary of $130,000 to $160,000 per year
- Primarily outdoors in rough terrain and in extreme weather conditions
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 26, 2019
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada