As the Wireless Construction Manager you will be responsible for supporting technical operations by guiding project performance with a focus of on time completion and within budget for multiple projects within the LTS group. The position requires a strong team player with excellent communication and computer skills with initiative and the ability to work independently and juggle multiple deadlines.
The LTS Wireless Division is capable of building and maintaining Wireless sites for Broadband, Microwave and Cellular providers. This Division has the capability of building wireless sites (macro and DAS) from the ground up, working in buildings and on towers and rooftops for our clients. Leveraging our specialty trained LTS Technicians across Canada; we also offer the installation and commissioning of wireless equipment and emergency restoration in support of wireless communication carriers across Canada.
Join Ledcor in Mississauga, ON today!
- Responsible for day to day site operations
- Must have a solid understanding of the nuances of wireless site and DAS builds and an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to build a DAS and cellular site.
- Dispatch and organize crews and required contractors such as civil, electrical and mechanical, to complete the site on a daily basis as required.
- Responsible for all potential project estimating. Regular bid walks with potential customers for the purpose of providing a quote to build wireless sites, microwave hops and any other wireless work.
- Manage the overall site build from conception to completion.
- Required to be a key on-site liaison with client representatives, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure construction operations are well organized, coordinated and comply with client requirements.
- Ensure project meets budget and timelines by reviewing work requirements, schedules and cost reports on a continuous basis and participate in project reviews and forecasting.
- Analyze technical construction issues and develop solutions to address issues.
- Coordinates all resource requirements for projects including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force.
- Responsible for the installation / commissioning of wireless equipment and coordination of existing technicians as required.
- Ensures strict adherence to all LTS safety programs and policies.
- Hire and develop our wireless and technical workforce
- Engineering Degree, Technical Diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant telecommunications wireless experience.
- Must have a solid understanding of the nuances of wireless site builds and an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to build a cellular suite.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's and Ledcor's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Contract negotiation / management skills.
- Knowledge of construction project costs and budgets.
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting.
- Ability to build a strong team oriented Health and Safety conscious culture in the work site.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Travel to various job sites and other project offices will be required.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Aug 6, 2019
3930 Nashua Drive, Mississauga, ON, Canada