You are an experienced Environmental Coordinator who will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Plan for the assigned project. In this role you will also be responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment in the day to day operations of the project.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Jasper AB!
- Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
- Develop, administer, and maintain waste management plan (including hazardous wastes) for construction site including waste manifests, cradle to grave tracking, and overall plan administration in compliance with client expectations and applicable federal, provincial, and local regulations
- Coordinate spill response and clean-up for onsite spills
- Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation
- Responsible for field supervision of Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed
- Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure project personnel are aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Work with clients, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, First Nations and special interest groups
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from environmental documentation, corrective actions/resolutions, or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily and weekly monitoring reports are completed and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representatives
- Manage site environmental inspection records and photographs
- Provide liaison between the environmental team and the construction teams. Provide liaison with environmental regulatory agencies and report non-conformance
- Apply proactive environmental programs and strategies that ensure all effluents and waste generated by construction activities are disposed of in an authorized manner
- Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Experience in the construction industry will be an asset
- Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental and waste legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Extensive knowledge of construction site erosion and sedimentation controls and BMP’s
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work productively with nominal supervision
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather condition
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Site based position working on multiple sites in AB & BC.
- 15 days on / 6 days off shift rotation working 12 hours per day
- Living allowance and/ or accommodations and per diem
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 7, 2019
303 Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, AB, Canada