You are an MS SQL Database Analyst with experience implementing SQL table designs and preparing, optimizing, and maintaining the various ETL scripts for integrating internal and external data sources. You will develop, support and administer various new database applications that integrate with GIS-based web maps and mobile data collection tools.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC now!
- Assists in the design, development and administration of MS SQL databases
- Implements SQL table designs (RDBMS and Data cubes); prepares the ETL scripts to populate the tables, including scheduling the processes and managing the data exceptions
- Creates primary database storage structures for newly designed applications, and creates related objects (tables, views, indexes). Modifies the database structure, as necessary, when requirements evolve
- Development, testing, tuning and implementation of new database applications
- Uses various tools to create and maintain queries and routines to produce management reports and dashboards. Interfacing to LTS GIS applications and GIS data will also be important
- Works with business managers to capture requirements and provide feedback regarding data feasibility and development impacts
- Writes ad-hoc queries to address varying reporting requirements and priorities
- Conducts Quality Assurance, performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of MS SQL databases and queries
- Assists as required with installation and upgrades to the SQL server environment, operating system and related tools/services
- Establishes and maintains communication with clients to keep them updated regarding the status of their requests.
- Initiates and performs changes on production systems, and proactively escalates issues that cannot be resolved within established timeframes
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of production enterprise support experience
- 4+ years of working experience in an Information Technology role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- SQL Server Integration Services and ETL development experience required
- MS SQL Certification is an asset (SQL Server, DBA, Technology Specialist)
- Computer programming, systems development, DBA duties
- Experience with business management reporting and dashboards
- Experience in Business Intelligence data cube design and BI reporting would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL 2014 with production support experience
- In-depth knowledge of SQL query writing, including performance tuning
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Advanced knowledge of SS Reporting Services, SS Analysis Services, PowerPivot, and other tools an asset
- Fluid knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Access, Visio, Powerpoint, etc.)
- MS SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identifying business needs and add value to reports
- Excellent communication skills, with a service-oriented mentality
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of problems and requests
- Quick learner, with an ability to problem solve high pressure issues
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Oct 1, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada