You are an experienced and highly motivated HS&E professional who has extensive experience in a fast paced, dynamic, pipeline construction environment. You will be responsible for mentoring and training Safety Coordinators to successfully deliver Ledcor’s Health and Safety programs at one or more Ledcor project sites. You are a recognized leader in the health and safety function and you know how to earn the respect of both your staff, project management and your client.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Jasper AB!
- Responsible for mentoring, training and coaching of site's HS&E personnel
- Advise, ensure and is responsible for implementation of HS&E program on project sites
- Provide recommendations to Senior HS&E management and Operations on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs and enhance the HS&E culture for their sites
- Coach, assist and support site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs - develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client requirements
- Represent Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of Safety Coordinators including ongoing performance management and development processes
- Resolve day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Enable and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long term HS&E objectives
- Set objectives for HS&E employees to achieve HS&E capabilities for their sites
- Able to manage difficult HS&E issues and obtain agreement as needed
- Provide guidance and oversight for incident investigations/management on project sites
- 5 + year's Health and Safety experience in pipeline construction
- NCSO Certification is required with a degree/diploma on OH&S and pursuit of CRSP
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a fast paced, pipeline construction environment
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field / operations people as relates to achieving HS&E objectives
- Identifies opportunities to improve - sees them as challenges to overcome
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers - acts with customers in mind
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Site based position -15 days on 6 days off, 12 hours per day
- LOA and/ or accommodations and per diem
- Remote locations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 13, 2019
303 Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, AB, Canada