You are a Health and Safety Leader who has extensive experience in a fast paced, dynamic, pipeline construction environment. You will be responsible for mentoring and training Safety Coordinators to successfully deliver Ledcor’s Health and Safety programs at one or more Ledcor project sites. You are a recognized leader in the health and safety function and you know how to earn the respect of both your staff, project management and your client.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Jasper AB!
- Takes responsibility for mentoring, training and coaching of site's HS&E personnel
- Advises, ensures and is responsible for implementation of HS&E program on project sites
- Recommends to Senior HS&E management and Operations on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs and enhance the HS&E culture for their sites
- Coaches, assists and supports site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs - develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client requirements
- Able to perform the HS&E work being supervised - may need to fill in for cross shift or HS&E people shortages
- Applies expertise to solve problems within the HS&E program guidelines for their sites
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of Safety Coordinators including ongoing performance management and development processes
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Enables and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long term HS&E objectives
- Sets objectives for HS&E employees to achieve HS&E capabilities for their sites
- Able to manage difficult HS&E issues and obtain agreement as needed
- Provides guidance and oversight for incident investigations/management on project sites
- 5 + year's Health and Safety experience in pipeline construction is required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a fast paced, pipeline construction environment
- Must possess an NCSO Certification
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline and pursuit of CRSP is preferred
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field / operations people as relates to achieving HS&E objectives
- Enjoys working hard - is action oriented and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Identifies opportunities to improve - sees them as challenges to overcome
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers - acts with customers in mind
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up
- Site based position working on multiple sites in AB & BC
- 15 days on / 6 days off shift rotation working 12 hours per day
- Living allowance and/ or accommodations and per diem
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 6, 2019
303 Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, AB, Canada