As an on-site, night shift HSE Coordinator working on high-profile projects, you will play a key role in supporting the execution of a diverse range of industrial and maintenance scopes. You are an experienced HSE Coordinator who consistently conveys mature professional judgment and can build effective relationships across all levels
Come join our True Blue team in Fort McMurray, AB!
- Provide independent advice to operations management supporting the Ledcor HS&E Program
- Participate in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management
- Acquire clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out)
- Independently lead Tool Box Talk and Safety meetings
- Develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- Understand all site, Business Unit or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site/BU specific procedures and management systems
- Seek to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients
- Support and take action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor “Leading Indicator” requirements
- Practice attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding
- Obtain basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices
- Two plus (2+) years relevant industry Health and Safety experience in the construction and/or maintenance industries
- Must hold CSO or NCSO qualifications
- Exposure to the oil & gas market will be highly regarded.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and computer skills
- Ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, to include identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as develop and implement strategies to solve them
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands
- Experience conducting Industrial Hygiene testing and sampling
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with clean abstract
- Ability to work a 14 on, 7 off night shift rotation in a camp setting
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Successful criminal background screen may be required
- Candidates must be local to Ft. McMurray area, due to the nature of the projects
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 9, 2019
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada