You are an experienced HR Business Partner working with large matrixed business portfolios. From workforce planning to investigations and beyond, you are exceptional at instituting a collaborative approach, leveraging your exceptional communication skills to partner closely with members of the business to ensure a smooth and consistent flow of people-related services to divisional leaders and staff in a complex environment.
In this role, you will support Ledcor Technical Services (LTS), the telecommunications division of the Ledcor Group of Companies. LTS is focused on dynamic telecommunications sales, service, construction, engineering and maintenance projects throughout Canada and the United States. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an esteemed business that proudly offers turnkey solutions to major telecom clients and has built some of the continent's largest fiber-optic projects.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team in Chicago, IL today!
- Assess short and long-term business needs of the client group and provide both operational and generalist HR guidance and support to the business
- Collaborate and work proactively with business unit leaders to identify key issues impacting operational goals, and offer strategic solutions
- Provide guidance and assistance to salaried employees and managers on a wide range of human resource issues, including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, employee retention and engagement, harassment investigation, sick leave and return-to-work management, reductions in workforce, and HR policies and programs
- Collaborate with Ledcor's HR team on new initiatives, and leverage team expertise in delivering and implementing functional initiatives to your respective client group
- Actively participate in HR project work, such as development of new human resources strategies for specific divisions or the organization as a whole
- Champion the HR2020 initiative and play a key role in the roll out of new technology in 2019
- Proven experience advising and collaborating with operational business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, or equivalent
- Previous experience with start-ups and/or high growth companies preferred; familiarity with acquisitions and business integrations would be an asset
- Experience developing and implementing business solutions in medium to large, complex/matrixed environments
- Solid understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation across Canada
- Experience working in a Federally regulated industry would be a distinct asset
Sep 20, 2019
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
723 N. Oaklawn Avenue, Chicago, IL, United States