You are an experienced Cargo Manager with Aviation industry experience. You would be responsible for leading, managing and supporting all business-to-customer (B2C) cargo operations, acting as the main point of contact for all internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Apply today to join our Summit Air team in Yellowknife, NT.
- Receive shipments, process orders, warehouse items, pick and pack for loading, and assist in scheduling shipments for delivery
- Ensure all internal HS&E, quality and service standards are met; especially when handling dangerous goods, perishables, temperature-controlled cargo, live animals and other high risk / valuable cargo
- Ensure excellent customer service delivery through continuous communication with customers and other Summit Air departments on allocation of shipments, flight routes and timely delivery of shipments
- Ensure timely and appropriate resolution of customers issues in alignment with Summit Air Cargo policies, standards and guidelines
- Continuously improve operations via process development, system(s) optimization, effective communication and training of others
- Identify and support business development strategies, goals and objectives for the Summit Air Cargo business through research and developing business relationships (e.g. new markets and services, pricing strategies, etc.)
- Must have proficient knowledge of Canadian airline / air freight industry, Canadian aviation regulations and IATA
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse and cargo operations including warehousing, picking, packing, loading and delivering items
- Ability to operate and administer all cargo handling equipment
- People and operational management skills including leadership, planning, communication, scheduling and awareness of internal and external customers
- Ability to understand customer needs and effectively setup procedures, systems and governance to satisfy customer needs
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written in the English language
- Office space / Warehouse / Airport
- Ability to lift 50 lb without assistance
- Operating Forklifts, Pallet Jacks, Others
Get to know our Summit Air team.
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Nov 28, 2019
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada