You are a Project Accountant with 3-5 years of experience completing full cycle project accounting for specified projects in a high-volume workplace. Through the application of policy, procedure, detailed work processes and best practices you will be a key member of the team driving to achieve desired financial results on Telecommunication projects. You will have experience with computerized construction financial accounting systems, and how to analyze and forecast construction costs while contributing in a fun, and fast-paced environment.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Mississauga, Ontario today!
- Enters subcontractor progress payments; coordinates the collection of documentation required from subcontractors for release of payment
- Reviews and accurately completes credit applications in accordance with Ledcor policy; returns approved credit applications to vendors
- Prepares journal entries for review and entry into financial system
- Assists project staff with accurate completion of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring approvals are in accordance with Ledcor’s Authority Matrix
- Monitors progress of project and identifies financial opportunities/exposure as it affects the company
- Highlights any potential project costs impacted with the schedule and recommends corrective actions
- Prepares contract change orders to update financial data with the project manager and engineering change proposals
- Reconciles weekly bank statements and cash flow
- Prepares budgetary analyses as required Ensures established processes and policies are adhered to, reporting any discrepancies to the Controller
- Understands project commercial terms & conditions to ensure the projects are following the financial terms and conditions of the contract
- Ensure cost controls are in conformance with Ledcor's policies
- Produces monthly project reports and forecasts data packages with major risks and opportunities identified
- Monthly control check & reconciliations
- Manages project cash flows
- Analyzes/reconciles monthly project inventory accounts, when required by project, to ensure project costs are properly reflected
- Inputs and monitors the project budget and contract changes
- Prepares billing and monitors invoice control of the projects as required
- Ensures internal control of project costing and maintains contract documents
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role with AP, AR and/or subcontractor progress billings
- Must have or pursuing a CPA designation
- Experience within commercial construction, Telecom or a related industry is preferred
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or similar large ERP is preferred
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word, Outlook Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, results oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; able to multi-task, maintain organization, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be a proactive, self-motivated, problem solver and results oriented person
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Aug 14, 2019
3930 Nashua Drive, Mississauga, ON, Canada