You are a licensed Avionics Technician (AME-E) with a background in large fixed wing aircraft. You are looking for an opportunity that leverages your experience and gives you more autonomy. In this role, you will provide day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting support on aircraft Avionics.
Apply now and join the dynamic Summit Air team in Edmonton, AB!
- Performs day-to-day maintenance on-aircraft
- Avionics troubleshooting and repair tasks
- Performs maintenance checks on Avionics systems including but not limited to communications, navigation, autopilot, Pitot-static, radar, AC, DC power distribution and aircraft lighting
- Carries out various installations on aircraft
- Operates Avionics test equipment including air data test set, navigation and communications, ATC ramp testers, and other electronic test equipment
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness
- Ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate before handing back to Crew Chief
- Ensures all maintenance alerts and memos are read, understood and complied with
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations and reports to Crew Chief
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine a course of rectification
- Travels with an aircraft and apprentice / mechanic if it is assigned away from base for an extended period of time, as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year of licensed AME experience, preferably working with larger aircraft
- Possess Transport Canada AME License E
- Previous experience with DHC-6, DHC-8, D228, SC-7, ATR42/72, or RJ85/100 would be an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with proven leadership capabilities
- Must hold a valid class 5 drivers license
- Must meet pre-employment drug and alcohol testing requirements
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Sep 11, 2019
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada