You are a Project Engineer who has strong technical experience with project controls with a background in infrastructure projects, such as roads, bridges, railway and LRT . As the Project Engineer you will implement and maintain the project cost and schedule and provide technical and/or management support. You will assist operations staff in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: project controls, project billing and the cost accounting system, creates and maintains the project directory, job site trailer/office set up and master filing system
- Leads the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval
- Administers the change management process accordingly
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Completion of post secondary education in Engineering, Civil and Mining preferred
- 10 years + related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA is an asset
- An expert with Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred
- Experience and familiarity with commercial construction methodology and practices in a general contracting environment
- Experience with commercial projects with project values in the multi-million dollar range
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of main construction office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways. But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! ---
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 28, 2019
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada