You are an Engineer-In-Training or Professional Engineer with experience working in pipeline construction. As the Project Coordinator you will provide support and assist operations staff in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount BC!
- Sets up and maintains systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site office, master filing system, project billings and cost accounting system, and project directory
- Performs general administrative and record
- keeping functions including review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, assisting with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data, and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, assists with the creation of the project schedule, inputs and updates schedule throughout the project, and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings and maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades, and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements, collecting warranties and O&M manuals, creating turnover documents, and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- 2-4 years of mainline pipeline project coordination experience
- Post-secondary education in Construction or Engineering
- Able to read and understand construction documents
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel and scheduling software
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of main construction office processes: project set up, subcontract management, change orders, RFIs, lien hold-backs, and closeout
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations, anticipating client needs, and proactively identifying solutions to nonstandard task/queries
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explaining difficult information clearly, and influencing and persuading others towards consensus in straightforward situations
- Site based position
- 6 days on/1 day off shift rotation working 12 hours per day in remote locations during project construction
- Some travel will be required to office locations within Canada
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 7, 2019
735 Cranberry Lake Road, Valemount, BC, Canada