You are an Environmental Leader who has extensive experience in a fast paced, dynamic, construction environment. The Senior Environmental Manager is a member of the operating group’s HS&E management team responsible for the management and delivery of Ledcor’s Environmental Program.You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching, directing and supervising a growing team of HS&E professionals in support of the project leadership team’s goals and objectives.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Collaborate with the HS&E and Operational management teams to achieve industry leading environmental performance by managing the development and implementation of environmental procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements while minimizing or eliminating environmental risks to the operating group
- Mentor and coach led high performance teams of Environment Managers and Coordinators, developing and motivating team members by fostering an inclusive work environment and managed development and succession within the operating group
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and evaluation of Environment personnel
- Manage and prepare necessary proposal and presentation packages when requested with respect to environmental criteria and participate in presentations as required
- Advise senior management on environmental objectives, targets, and metrics and assist the operating group in assessing their environmental performance, including the development, implementation and management of leading and lagging environmental indicators
- Conducts site visits, performs compliance inspections and prepares verification audits
- Participates in complex incident investigations as required\
- Completion of post secondary education in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline is required
- 10+ years of environmental management experience in a field-based role is essential 5+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial position, preferably in a construction organization or position is required
- Demonstrated Experience in conducting / supervising environmental incident investigations & experience in the development and implementation of environmental program will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of environmental protection during construction processes such as erosion and sediment controls, contaminated soils, groundwater and storm-water management including required permitting and approval processes will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of environmental management systems is required
- Ability to effectively lead and mentor the development of Environmental professionals to further expand their knowledge, skills and abilities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and collaborate across the organization with regional operations, HS&E staff and senior management
- This is an Edmonton or Vancouver office-based position that will require regular travel to various project sites and office locations
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways. But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! ---
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 25, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada