You are an experienced and highly motivated environmental professional who will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Program for the assigned project. You will be supervising a team of environmental monitors to ensure management of water, air, or soil quality and protection of wildlife and habitat potentially affected by construction activities.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Establish control measures for impact of air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues from construction activities in support of the project
- Supervise field Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed
- Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, Best Management Practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from any pertinent environmental documentation applicable to the project, recommendations for corrective actions / resolutions on daily issues or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily and weekly monitoring reports are completed adequately and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representatives as well as manage site inspection records, including written reports, monitoring information and photographs
- Develop the project environmental response team and ensure implementation of measures to protect the environment as indicated in the project specifications
- Involved in community relations and public information programs
- 5+ years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Post-Secondary Education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 13, 2019
., Valemount, BC, Canada