You are an experienced Project Engineer with a background in Pipeline Construction who is looking for a role that will challenge you. As Project Engineer you will be required to think on your feet, mentor more junior project team members and decipher drawings for various audiences including front line staff and Operational leadership. You will participate in pressure testing inspections and partner with the Construction leadership in the field to solve QA/QC or technical issues.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount BC!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project
- Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensure that project commitments are kept; while providing field continuity to design specifications and to commitments made
- Administer engineering communications procedures and maintain an interface with the Project team and all facets of technical charts or changes
- Ensure that a satisfactory as-built record of the work is being made and confirm that a consistent end product is being delivered between the spreads
- Coordinate field engineering requirements
- Review submissions and attend meetings with regulatory authorities and provide technical interpretation when required
- Assure that the level of workmanship meets or exceeds the engineering requirements of the Specifications and Drawings
- Ensure that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering requirements, in advance of the contractor starting construction on these features
- Inspect and assist with the compilation of records for each test conducted to ensure it is conducted in accordance with applicable codes
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final as-built drawings, pipe records, and documentation
- Provide all necessary assistance to the Construction Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications which may result from design changes
- Completion of post secondary engineering education in Construction, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 2 - 5 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience and familiarity with Pipeline construction methodology and practices is required
- Able to read, understand, and interpret engineering documents
- Demonstrate an exceptional computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Exceptional communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Site based position
- 6 days on/1 day off shift rotation working 12 hours per day in remote locations during project construction
- Some travel will be required to office locations within Canada
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 7, 2019
735 Cranberry Lake Road, Valemount, BC, Canada