The Corporate Counsel role, embedded in the Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) business group, will give you the opportunity to play a key role in the continued success of this dynamic and fast paced business unit. LTS designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless communication networks that span North America and beyond. LTS is a leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
The Corporate Counsel is responsible for providing legal support to the LTS business group on all legal matters affecting the business. The Corporate Counsel will ensure compliance with law, model Ledcor’s legal strategy, provide support to senior legal counsel within LTS and be a trusted advisor to senior level management.
Join Ledcor’s True Blue team in Vancouver!
- Draft and negotiate construction/commercial contracts and legal documents, including lease, master service, subcontractor and vendor agreements
- Advise on all legal aspects of RFQ and RFP bid submission processes
- Provide legal advice and support to the business/business representatives in multiple jurisdictions
- Provide ongoing support to the LTS group on issues arising under “live” projects, including interpretation of the relevant provisions in various project documents and federal and provincial legislation and regulations
- Identify and prioritize legal risks and alternative risk mitigation strategies
- Support commercial transactions and the transition of claims and litigation matters to in-house litigation counsel
- Identify and communicate gaps in contract compliance relative to Ledcor’s Contractual Risk Management Policy
- Understand key business drivers and create tailored legal strategies to respond to the needs of the business unit
- Assist senior counsel in developing and improving contract practices within the business
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Law degree combined with 4+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience
- Member in good standing of a provincial Law Society (with preference for British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario)
- Experience in the construction/infrastructure industry is required
- Exposure to oil and gas, utilities or telecom infrastructure construction market is an asset
- Strong corporate/commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Creativity and sound judgment
- Ability to identify key issues and business needs proactively, meet tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- Active listener, effective communicator and composed under pressure
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes. But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! ---Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 7, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada