You are an experienced Civil Superintendent who will work hard to ensure the smooth functioning of the day-to-day civil operations. Your focus on cost, safety, quality and schedule will lead to the on time and on budget completion of projects.
Apply today to join our Civil team in Fort McMurray!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S / OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained
- Experience interfacing with local communities representatives throughout remote northern communities
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members
- Supervises employees and sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- 6-8 years experience as a Civil Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Knowledge of alternate civil methods, Plowing and Trenching
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- Facilitation and mentoring skills—ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook
- Site based rotational position
- Camp provided
- Travel provided
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 11, 2019
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada