We are seeking a New Graduate HS&E Coordinator in the Ottawa region. The HS&E Coordinator position is responsible for applying the basic professional practices required of a Health, Safety and Environment professional. This is a guided/mentored position and the individual is provided with direct oversight for the application of their professional judgment. You will work within one of these teams.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building.
Apply to join our Construction team based in Ottawa!
- Works within HS&E team to provide advice to Operations management on HS&E issues and topics
- Understands and applies HS&E tools, requirements and processes
- Demonstrates Ledcor core values
- Develops skills and techniques in the implementation of Ledcor’s HS&E Program, under the tutelage of senior HS&E staff
- Actively learns about client and Ledcor’s HS&E program
- Develops materials for safe production
- Participates in the development of Safe Work Processes
- Works HS&E issues to completion with accuracy
- Capable of leading delivery of Ledcor Safety orientation and other presentations
- Completion of a related certificate or Diploma in OH&S
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Outgoing, eager to learn and enjoys working hard
- Willingness to take action when directed
- Can effectively cope with uncertainty and change (e.g. Aids in the definition of path forward)
- Understand timelines for decisions required (e.g. Under direction of others, delivers on commitments)
- Open to change (e.g. Relentless and versatile learner)
- Practices active listening skills (e.g. Has patience to hear people out)
- Builds productive relationships, is seen as a cooperative and supportive team player
- Eager to learn, enjoys working hard and has the ambition to grow in the HS&E field
- Is a direct and authentic communicator
- Experience in a relevant discipline or trade is an asset
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 19, 2019
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada