You are an organized and detail oriented construction professional with a solid understanding of civil construction practices. Interacting with a wide range of operations and project staff at all levels, you will provide technical support in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Apply today to join our Civil team in Fort McMurray!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up and master filing system.
- Assists with the set up of project billings and the cost accounting system; creates and maintains the project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval.
- Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals.
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 to 6 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Able to read and understand construction documents.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software such as Primavera.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of main construction office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Site based position
- Rotational shifts
- Travel provided
- Camp provided
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 14, 2019
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada