Are you looking for a hands-on opportunity where you aren’t trapped at a desk all day?
As a Ramp Attendant, you will be part of our aviation grounds crew, ensuring our fleet of aircrafts takes off safely and on time. Your love for labour and a job well done will be an asset to our ground handling team in Yellowknife, NT.
Join the growing Summit Air team - apply today!
- Marshals aircraft in ramp area; tows aircraft on the ground
- Unload and load passenger baggage and cargo to/from aircraft
- Assists with aircraft grooming and washing
- De-ices aircraft and assists crew to prepare aircraft for departure
- Performs snow removal duties as required
- Ensures necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area for upcoming flights
- Assists with freight handling
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Ground Operations Manager
- Training provided for the successful candidate
- Previous ramp, labourer, or other job-site experience an asset
- Previous forklift or loader experience an asset
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position which include bending, climbing, and heavy lifting
- Must hold valid class 5 drivers license
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Must be able to obtain airport security clearance
- 4 on,4 off rotating shift schedule including day shift 5:00am - 5:00pm and night shift 5:00pm - 5:00am
- Working outside in all weather conditions
- Must be eligible to work in Canada, and currently residing in Canada
- Those local to Yellowknife given preference due to the location of this project
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Nov 30, 2019
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada