You are a Business Relationship Manager who will play a key role in enabling business value through technology for Ledcor’s operating groups. You are able to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the assigned business line and act as the key liaison between IS and the business. In this role, you will perform as a business partner to understand the current and future technology needs of the business. You will also be responsible for aligning IS requests and ideas with business goals and objectives. You bridge the gap between business leaders and IS solution providers. This position is office based, and some travel to work sites and other office locations may be required.
Apply today to join our Shared Services team in Vancouver.
- Define the desired business outcomes of all work requests from the business. Gather high level business requirements and define scope during initial discovery through meetings/interviews and cross-functional sessions
- Understand business goals, objectives and trends and link them to technology impacts
- Demonstrate deep understanding of business operations and technical pain points / opportunities
- Plan upcoming IS work aligned with business value and key business drivers, communicate and evaluate link between business objectives and IS priorities
- Act as an escalation point when issues arise with IS and the business
- Communicate IS wins within IS and the business community
- Educate IS team members on why certain elements of work are key for the business
- Team with other Business Relationship Managers within IS to share insight on work occurring throughout Ledcor and the joint business prioritization of all IS work
- Collaborate on opportunities to further Ledcor’s value from our existing technology tools investment
- Ensure business leaders are aware of all IS service offerings and the opportunities to further utilize them
- 7 years of experience in industry working on multiple operational and administrative initiatives
- Participated in two or more large technology initiatives within the business focused on both process and technology improvements
- Exposure to trades, engineering, construction, finance, HR
- Green belt LEAN Six Sigma, and experience with 5S Lean Processes is an asset
- Ability to distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true business needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Ability to translate business needs and requirements into technical needs and requirements
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflicts, lead requirements elicitation workshops and validate data obtained via other techniques
To learn more about our team, watch this True Blue Video.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 10, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada