You are a Utility Construction labourer with 1-3+ years of experience in underground utility or civil construction. You will perform general labour duties and operate equipment collaborating with the other crew members to complete work safely and efficiently, under the direction of the foreman.
Apply today to join our Technical Services team based in Ottawa today!
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Drives cube van or 3-ton dump truck with trailer in tow
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day's tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables, conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, etc...)
- Operates equipment and lifts heavy items (up to 50 lbs.)
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- May perform other related duties as required
- Experience working in the underground utility construction, civil construction or landscaping is an asset
- Capable of reading underground telecommunication plans and work maps
- Experience operating and maintaining mini excavators, skid steers and backhoes is an asset
- Strong time management skills with the ability to attend to a broad range of activities
- Technically adept with a strong ability to learn quickly, analyze information, and problem solve
- Capable of writing clearly and succinctly for different forms of communication
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Applicants that reside in Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 30, 2019
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada