You will be responsible for applying professional HSE practices at work/project site, providing advice and recommendations to operations and clients regarding health & safety matters. You have a thorough understanding of safety management systems, legislation and standards and will apply them in a work setting with little or no supervision. You’re a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed. You enable collaboration with your team and those on site.
Experience a culture where your knowledge and experience are valued, and safety and integrity are uncompromised. Join Ledcor’s Building team in Winnipeg for a 1 year contract.
- Provides leadership and advice to operations management at site level regarding company HS&E programs and program implementation.
- Responds proactively to issues relating to HS&E and emergency response, performance metrics and safety management systems on site.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, recording and filing confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases
- Books and organizes safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees
- Supports the safety team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors’ safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of the daily work-site health and safety inspections
- Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and provides consultative advice to project site personnel on, the interpretation of local and provincial regulations as they relate to both public and work-site safety
- Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interfacing and communicating with regulatory authorities, all levels of management, clients, contacts and visitors to promote safety
- Administers first aid services to all personnel on the work-site as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 3+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; commercial construction hi-rise project experience is strongly preferred
- Standard first aid is required, advanced first aid is strongly preferred
- Fully qualified CSO, NCSO would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Site based position
Safety is an integral part of our job; we think safety and work safely by caring for each other. Learn more about the safety culture at Ledcor by watching this video.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Dec 3, 2019
510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB, Canada