As a Project Director you are responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget by managing multiple teams, setting organization priorities, and allocating resources. You will impact the strategic direction/vision across the division or group by assuming a leadership role and providing guidance to project staff and managers.
As a recognized authority within the organization, the Project Director influences strategic issues both internally and externally, including senior division executives, vendors and regulators.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa.
- Leads multiple large and complex multi-discipline estimates including equity, commercial and O&M responsibilities. Contributes to the identification of project pursuits to be estimated
- Oversees and holds accountability for construction costs and budgets on multiple projects
- Oversees all aspects of Quality Control Program (QCP) implementation
- Leads all aspects of subcontractor and supplier selection, procurement and negotiations for complex projects and P3 projects, assessing the broader impacts of procurement strategies
- Leads negotiations for major contracts and change orders
- Leads set up of multiple project systems and procedures, including chart of accounts, cost accounting system, and project directory. Ensure consistency across all projects. Leads management of pursuit costs, including P3 projects
- Leads and promotes Ledcor safety culture within the organization and participates in safety discussions at senior management levels
- 12+ years of related construction experience as a project manager, or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role
- Completion of post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology; superior understanding of construction costs and budgets
- Demonstrated contract negotiation and management skills, with a comprehensive understanding of contract documents for large, complex projects
- Proven ability to build successful teams and promote teamwork through motivating, coaching and guiding others to establish consensus among team members; skilled as a facilitator and mentor in extremely complex or interdependent project
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders at a strategic level, with a focus on developing long-term partnerships to ensure continued success and to maximize long term gain
- Ability to anticipate and identify constructability issues in highly complex situations and develop new and creative solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Office or Site based position
Ledcor is committed to the equitable treatment of all people with respect to employment and services. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in a way that respects their dignity and independence by removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 17, 2019
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada