As a Project Coordinator working on this high profile LNG Project in Kitimat, you will play a key role in executing a diverse range of heavy civil scopes. Having a background working on large resources or infrastructure project, this role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with a number of years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up, creates and maintains the project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Assists with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- Civil Engineering qualifications and experience will be highly regarded.
- 3+ years of previous work experience on heavy civil project working for a self performing contractor is required.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of General construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements.
- 14 days on/7 days off shift rotation working 10 hours per day
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 8, 2019
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada