You are a dynamic Project Controller with hands on accounting experience in completing journal entries and account reconciliation, through to the development and maintenance of general and cost accounts, preparing timely & accurate financial and management reports, and assisting with the coordination of the forecast and budget process.
This is a 13 month temporary assignment, eligible for extended health & dental benefits & paid vacation.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC!
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial and management reporting
- Preparation of monthly management review presentation and variance analysis
- Develop a detailed understanding of the project contract to ensure all parties are meeting the required obligations
- Understand and support all aspects of the daily operations for the project accounting team including invoicing, accounts payables and accounts receivables
- Mentor, develop and manage direct reports
- Develop and maintain key metrics to support the project team and management
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Prepare working papers and assist with annual audit requirements for the project
- Assist with other financial and regulatory reporting
- Assist with process review and improvement
- Minimum of 5 years progressive, relevant work experience in a similar role within a complex, and dynamic organization
- In final stages of completing or recently completed a Professional Accounting Designation program (CMA/CA/CGA/CPA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with a diverse group of internal and external individuals
- Operational project experience or project controls experience an asset
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reposts
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, and the ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting policies
- High standard of performance, ability to deal with ambiguity and complexities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with a high proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (or a similar large ERP system) an asset
- Previous supervisory experience an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Aug 30, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada