You are an IS Resource Manager, you will ensure the optimal and effective use of IT staff and contractors by matching capabilities, skills and available capacity to current and upcoming demand. You will maintain information about individual staff assignments, expected start/end dates, allocations of total available time and roles filled. You will bring your innovation, intelligence and industry experience together with the newest technologies to help drive velocity through the resource management role.
Our diverse team of passionate IT experts push the boundaries of technology daily to provide positive, real-world solutions that solve unique and complex business challenges.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Maintain and ensure completeness and accuracy of ServiceNow to track resource assignments, planned/actual work effort, planned/actual duration to specific enhancements, projects, programs and other structured work activities
- Define required input sources, ownership, time frames, and actual data content required to maintain and report “actual time worked” data compared with “planned time worked” data
- Apply leadership-defined criteria for escalation and action required for poorly maintained conformance to agreed capacity, roles and skills for assigned IS resources
- Resolve conflicting/competing resource requirements and needs among requesters
- Offer alternatives to initial resource requesters and external resource providers
- Provide LIS leadership with resource/capacity reports and recommendations on a decided cadence
- Support governance activities connected to the selection, prioritization, strategic and organizational planning, and execution oversight of IS demand
- Define and implement a resource request and assignment process that will analyze available resources and capabilities referencing past work assignments and performance
- Collaborate with IS people managers to staff initiatives, enhancements, projects and other activities along with IS Delivery Planning Managers
- 5+ years of experience in either of the following disciplines: IT resource management recruiting, Business or IT management, staffing/placement, IT consulting or professional services, IT project or program management
- Knowledge of project, program and service delivery disciplines and approaches required to provision IT solutions in the business domain
- Knowledge of roles, responsibilities, competencies and skills needed in a variety of approaches to the planning and execution of projects, programs and other structured work
- Working knowledge of ITIL and or ITSM
- Interpersonal skills, critical listening, conflict resolution and empathy
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow and PowerBI
- ITILv4 or PMP/Agile certifications would be an asset
TRUE BLUE is who we are. Learn more about life at Ledcor by watching our True Blue video.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 24, 2019
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada