You are a Project Administrator with a minimum 5 years of experience working in a busy, team oriented environment. Supporting our Ottawa, ON construction office, you will interact with project managers, operations staff and various sub-trades daily to ensure projects are successfully completed. You thrive in the details, and take pride in ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness in your day to day responsibilities.
If you are interested in providing critical support to the exciting world of commercial construction, join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa, ON today!
- Provides accounts payable (AP) data entry, support and tracking to various projects by ensuring invoice packages meet approval requirements; contacts vendors, investigates vendor inquiries, prepares and distributes AP cheques and reconciles monthly statements
- Provides accounts receivable (AR) data entry, support and tracking to various projects
- Prepares customer billing packages for various projects including coordination with project team members to meet billing deadlines, document management and validation to ensure accuracy.
- Manages subcontract commitments and progress payments, including validation of documentation (such as subcontracts, statutory declarations, WCB clearance letters, certificates of completion, insurance certificates) required from subcontractors for release of payment
- Provides project accounting support to project team members
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience working in a similar role within commercial and/or residential construction
- post-secondary business diploma preferred
- Must be bilingual (both verbal and written) with English and French
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience with accounting software is an asset
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; able to multi-task, maintain organization, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of project contractual commercial terms
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, problem solver and results oriented
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience an asset
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 6, 2019
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada