You are a motivated and experienced Project Controller. Reporting to the Operations Controller, you will be responsible for the financial integrity of their project. This includes management of day-to-day accounting administration, cost reporting and audit participation. The role includes staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and assisting with hiring and performance reviews.
Join our Ledcor team today!
- Provide reporting and information to project management and operations as required
- Strategic planning, budget reviews and risk analysis with upper management
- Collaborate with project management team to complete monthly cost and profitability reporting
- Prepares detailed analysis or review of aspects of the project as may be required.
- Developing client relationships with equivalent peer group/contacts
- Acts as the key contact during internal/external project audits including delegation of questions and sourcing of information.
- In depth understanding of contract requirements for billing
- Ensure that LEMs, invoices and progress claims are properly prepared and submitted to the client in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to senior management.
- Prepare people plans for the project and perform ongoing performance management and development of Project Accountants
- Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations and records of employment through electronic HR System
- Ensure compliance to provincial and federal regulations along with any applicable collective agreements
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with builder’s lien act, holdbacks, payment processes, contract terms and closeouts
- Other related duties as assigned
- 7+ years of related accounting or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Ability to lead, motivate, supervise and encourage other employees.
- Proven ability to understand construction administration and contract commercial terms.
- Varied depending on assignment – both local project office and shift based remote worksite opportunities available.
- Remote worksite rotational shift - 14/7 or 10/4 schedule typical. Travel and accommodations/LOA provided. Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol required.
- Willingness to relocate would be an asset.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 30, 2019
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada